The Coaches Report on the Academy’s Schedule
This morning we received another message from our Darfur United Soccer Coaches in Camp Djabal! This time they’ve reported the Academy’s weekly schedule. I’m happy to say that the organization and schedule is as we planned and designed with the coaches while we were in the camp this past October. Here is the breakdown:
- GIRLS, ages 6 – 13, are attending the Academy on Tuesday and Thursday from 2 – 5pm
- BOYS, ages 6 – 13, are attending the Academy on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday from 2 – 5pm
- On Friday, the boys and girls attend and play together from 2 – 5pm
- Under the guidance of the coaches, YOUTH are using the Academy equipment and space in the mornings from 6 – 9am
- Each day, the Academy is serving 30 players. This is a number we will work with the coaches to increase so that we are reaching our overall goal of 2,000 children per Academy.
Furthermore, the coaches asked for more curriculum! Rachael Rapinoe will be sending the coaches more warm up exercises and drills, and key skills that they can focus on building with the children.
This is truly the beginning for the Darfur United Soccer Academy. Based on this first Academy in Camp Djabal and the feedback from the coaches, players and community, i-ACT will continue to build more Academies and make sure that they’re serving as a tool for learning, growth, and empowerment. Click Here to support the Academy and the many more to come.
Help us aid, empower, and extend hope to those who need it most.
Become a Sustainer of Action monthly donor.