(in no particular order)
1. When surrounded by a crowd of hundreds of kids, if you take the time to look into the eyes of one, everything appears to calm down.
2. Sometimes you have to take one for the team and lead from behind. (Issa)
3. Humbleness and pride can go well together. (Musa)
4. A tough, “I don’t give a s**t because I know how good I am,” exterior can hide a thoughtful and creative interior. (Nouradin)
5. Dust, heat, thirst, and exhaustion can all disappear with a well timed display of humor and joy. (Ali)
6. Rahma is a star.
7. True, selfless, and active leadership is essential for any team. (Sulieman)
8. Change will come, at times pushed to happen a little faster by someone that can’t and shouldn’t wait. (Busseina)
9. There are players that you just know can PLAY, even if they’re just standing there. (Mubarag)
10. Ismail had to escape Darfur with his mother and siblings after his father was killed by Janjaweed when their village was attacked. He is polite, positive, and kind.
Love, love, love — what is happening here, what you’re sharing, what i-act is all about. Thank you.